Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Bowling Update

Current mood:blah

Many may be wondering if I quit bowling due to my wrist injury. Well the answer is no but maybe I should. Or at least take a break. To be completely honest the last 3 weeks of bowling have been so outrageously horrible, that I am embarassed to even post my scores. I am past the frusterated stage and it continues to be me not caring at all about the outcome of each week. There are a couple of points to make about tonight's league night:

1. I witnessed 2 people bowl perfect games in the same night. Quite Impressive.
2. AMF Lanes recently refinished their approaches and many people are having a tough time adjusting. This would include 2 bowlers completely eating shit as their shoes stuck and they fell face first onto the lane. One of which could not continue. (Welcome to my world some 6 weeks ago...)
3. My future is up in the air at this point. I know I have many options: A- Enter Winter league left handed and attempt to hold a 130-140 average until I can improve my mechanics. This would mean I would have to bowl every week (33 weeks) Left handed because in a sanctioned league you must enter left or right handed and it is illegal to switch, halfway through the league. B- Continue how I am going, maintaining a 170ish average at best and continue to roll the ball with my thumb in it, being completely inconsistent and unreliable as the Anchor of the team. Or C- Buy a brand new bowling ball for around $250 bucks, basically learn to bowl all over again with the thumb in the ball and roll the dice with which ball to purchase whether it be a ball for light, medium or heavy oil conditions.
There are 3 weeks left in Summer League, and Winter league starts in 4 weeks. I have no clue what the hell I'm going to do but I will let everyone know when I do........

No comments:

Post a Comment