Saturday, September 2, 2006

The Wicker Man

Nicolas Cage is a highway patrol officer who pulls over this car towards the beginning of the movie because this little girl in the back seat dropped her doll out the window. Well just as soon as he picks the doll up out of the middle of the road the car gets plowed by a semi truck.

Switch to later down the line as Cage (I don't remember his name in the movie at this time) is taking a few weeks off from work to recover from the accident. He gets a letter from his ex-fiance saying she has a daughter now and her daughter has gone missing. She thinks her daughter has been kidnapped and needs his help.

Anyways the story goes from there as Nicolas Cage goes to investigate the disappearance where she lives on this Island where all the people there seem a little strange.
This movie was good throughout until you get to the end which pissed me off to a great extent. I'm sitting there and I'm like, "is this movie really gonna end this way? Oh my god it is. What a bunch of bullshit."

So I suggest walking out of the movie about 20 minutes before it ends and with a good imagination you can come up with a better ending. Then again that would be pointless and a waste of money for most of you so, no I won't suggest you see this movie.

5/10

Go see Beerfest instead, which I have yet to do a review on but perhaps I will at a later time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment