Friday, July 18, 2008

Space Chimps

Ham III, the grandson of the first chimp astronaut, is blasted off into space by an opportunity-seeking senator. Soon, the fun-loving chimp has to get serious about the mission at hand: Rid a far-away planet of their nefarious leader. Fortunately for Ham III, two of his simian peers are along for the ride.

Ham was originally a circus chimp that would do stunts and wow audiences.  He uses some of these talents to survive the journey through a black hole to another planet.  He along with Lt. Luna and Titan (voiced by Patrick Warburton aka Puddy from Seinfeld) save the creatures of this planet from the Evil dictator Zartog by outsmarting him. 
A good kids film for children ages 6-12 I would say.  A few scenes have some parts that may be somewhat scary but overall a decent film.   Some really cheezy puns in content that I can't remember right now but they made me laugh a couple times.  You also get the Axel Foley theme from Beverly Hills Cop at one point.  That's worth a point alone cause that song is awesome.
So get up and go out and see the 1 movie in America... SPACE CHIMPS!!!
5/10
on a side note I spoke with someone recently that told me another movie comes out this weekend as well, although I've never heard of it.  Something called The Dark Knight. Someone will have to let me know what that one is about

No comments:

Post a Comment