Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Quick overdue movie reviews

Punisher- WarZone
One of the most violent movies I have ever seen.  Punisher- War Zone is action packed and the violence and killing doesn't stop.  I've never seen the previous one but this movie is pretty easy to follow and there's a flashback in there as well.  It's all about revenge on all the mobs of the city.  I really wish I had been tallying the kill count because it had to be second to only RAMBO.
6/10
The Day The Earth Stood Still
I confuse the title of this movie with The Day After Tomorrow and the Nine Inch Nails song- The Day the Whole World Went Away.  But nonetheless The Day The Earth Stood Still will hold your attention and it includes some classic Keeanu Reeves one liners.  My favorite scene is when this guy has a heart attack in the Airport Terminal and Keeanu who plays the alien just finishes up his tuna salad sandwich and walks away.  I hadn't seen the original of this movie either which debuted decades ago. 

7/10  Not bad, mild thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment