Thursday, February 5, 2009

Disc Golf 2/4/09

Disc Golf at Riverbend Park, Oroville, CA
Approx. Teetime 3:20 PM
 In the Bag-
Destroyer
Starfire
Soft Challenger
Eagle
Firebird
Quick warmup of putting 10 minutes

#1- Bogey (+1)  Really undeserving bogey here as my drive with the Destroyer was probably one of my best forehand drives on this hole ever, however it landed right on the cartpath which is concidered a hazard.  So penalty stroke here.

#2- Bogey (+2)  Missed a very makeable putt here grazing the chains and falling out.
 
#3- Double Bogey (+4)  Probably my worst drive ever on this hole.  I hit a tree to the right and my disc caromed way off course up the side of the hill.  I had to basically play a safe shot back into the fairway before I could even think about getting to the basket.

#4- Par.

#5- Par.  Long tee position here and my best drive to within 15 feet.  However my putting game was off once again and a missed oppertunity.

#6- Birdie! (+3)  Holy shit!  My best drive ever with a backhand firebird and I didn't lose a disc.  I made a pretty long downhill putt with difficult footing. This coming after IOS' drive went left into the water just like mine did the last time we played a round at the end of 2008.

#7- Bogey (+4) I played the safe route here with a tomahawk just onto the fairway.  My approach shot wasn't very good though and I left a long putt for par that I hit the front of the basket on.

#8- Bogey (+5)  Man, another fairly easy approach shot that I just botched.  Landing the disc shorter than I wanted to.  Missed a fairly makeable par putt.

#9- Birdie (+4) The shorter pin position here to the right.  I threw a forehand with my Eagle and it went directly towards the basket before hitting a tree just before it.  An awkward anhyzer putt here from the knees and I nailed it.

#10- Par.  Poor Tomahawk shot gave me no chance at birdie here.

#11- Par.

#12- Birdie (+3) Straight ahead pin placement here and I made it through to the right.  Made an average length putt here.

#13- Par. From the teepad here we see a guy with one arm and his dog right in the middle of the fairway.  He motions for us to go ahead and play through.  IOS strikes up a conversation with him and asks him if he ever gets out on the course to play. Hillarious.

#14- Par. Another makeable long putt here and again I come up just short hitting the front of the basket.

#15- Par. Wow, barely Par here as I hit the chains too far left but the rim of the basket gave me some love.

#16- Par. Bad drive off the tee here with a backhand firebird.  Amazingly I made it through all the trees and drove the distance of the basket but way to the right.  I had to split the gap to give it a run at a birdie and I almost did but hit a tree late giving me a par putt that wasn't easy.

#17- Par.  Too much snap on my backhand with a firebird put me way left but I was able to throw a decent approach shot to give me the par save.

#18- Birdie. (+2) Vanessa Williams style here as we both landed our discs under the basket . 

Front 9-  +4
Back 9-   -2
Final Score +2  (IOS +3)

Not a bad round after a very bitter start going +4 on the first three holes.  And I didn't lose any discs for the first time in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment