Monday, June 11, 2007

WWE Draft 6-11-07

So as for the Raw Draft it was showcased really stupid in my opinion as far as how the picks were selected at "random" I was hoping for what they did in past drafts and have the GM from each brand make selections throughout the show. 
Instead, they have 9 matches of interpromotional matches with the winner getting a random pick for their brand. So onwards to the picks for each brand:

Smackdown:

#1- The Great Khali. About friggin time they got that piece of shit off of Raw. The equivelent of Nathan Jones but without any english. They built him up just to get squashed by Cena so good riddance.
#2- Torri Wilson. Jerry Lawlers pissed. JBL is Happy. Yawn.
#3- Chris Masters. Truely saw this one coming as I went back over the Raw's from all of 2007 and Masters has just one win in a singles match. Send him to Smackdown and rebuild his character.
#4- Ric Flair. Meh, Sure I'll miss the bustin whoo on Raw but not a big loss in my opinion. Smackdown needs more 90 year old men anyway.

Grade- D

ECW:

#1- Boogeyman. Great gimmick for the 80's but how will this fit in on Tuesday Nights? Terrible Wrestler but that doesn't always effect the entertainment factor.
#2- Chris Benoit. Good move as I'm tired of seeing Benoit Job to Edge, Cena, and M.V.P.
Grade- B

Raw:

#1- King Booker. Excellent choice in my opinion. Booker has the wrestling ability and the talent to execute hillarious backstage segments as well.
#2- Bobby Lashley. Fuck. Well not much of a change on Raw really concidering the number of boring Lashley matches I've had to endure recently. Oh and Coach strips Lashley of the ECW world title. Benoit/Marcus Cor Von are my choices to win the tournament or battle royal or whatever match they choose to decide a new champion.
#3- Snitzky. I don't watch ECW but apparently Gene Snitzky got a whole new gimmick and is now a bald insane badass. I haven't seen that one in a while...
#4- Ken Kennedy. Not a big fan of Kennedy but his mic work is as solid as Val Venis so I have a feeling his character and ring work could grow on me.
 
Grade A-

As we close Raw Vince has still lost his mind and acting weird. Then he gets in his limo and it explodes. Killing Vince Mcmahon.
Ok I didn't see that one coming. Seriously. So now we get the "Who killed Vince" storyline that could last a good 6 months if they package it right. Biggest bust to begin a storyline that I have seen in a long long time.
This is definately Russo style...

No comments:

Post a Comment