Saturday, May 24, 2008

Disc Golf 5/24/08

Despite a drizzle of rain and mid range winds we decided to play a round at Oroville Riverbend Park.
In The Bag-
DX Firebird
Champion Eagle
Champion Orc
DX Beast
Champion Monster
Discraft Challenger
DX Teebird 162g  (debut)
Debuting the Teebird and weighing in at a light and feathery 162 grams I thought I could get some extra distance with holes with a tailwind.  It worked a little bit but not as well as I would have liked
1- Threw the Teebird but with a tailwind minimal fade and went way right off the tee into the rough.  Solid approach shot though with a tomahawk and got up and down for par.
2- I was unsure of the pin placement and played it the way I remember it last time, Threw the Orc and it came up a bit short and didn't fade left the way I wanted it.  It worked out perfectly though because as I walked up to where the pin should have been and it had been moved back as my disc lay 15 feet from the pin.  Birdie!  (-1)
3- Tough hole.  Tried a forehand shot with the eagle but hit a tree early and struggled to a bogey (E)
4- N/A- There was no pin as they were doing maintenence on the hole and putting in a new pin placement.  Guess we're playing 17 holes.
5- Par
6- Par
7- Par
8- Bogey, missed a comebacker putt hit the front of the basket. (+1)
9- Bogey- Another couple of forehand shots that found nothing but trees. (+2)
10- Par- Missed birdie chance, again hitting the front off the basket after a 15 footer.
11- Nemisis Hole. Decided to try something new.  I threw my Monster attempting to do a forehand S curve.  It worked out pretty good landing in the fairway about 30-35 feet from the pin.  I had an awkward putt around a tree directly in front of me.  I put a little hyzer on it and got it to stick.  Birdie on 11?  crazy.  (+1)
12- Par
13- Par
14- Bogey.  Hah leave it to me to Bogey my favorite hole and Birdie my most hated hole today. Just a botched putt (+2)
15- Par  Hit a longer putt to save par.
16- Par- hit metal on birdie putt but didn't stick.
17- Bogey (+3) They moved the pin placement back on this one making it play way longer than normal.
18- Birdie (+2)
Me and IOS both ended the round tied at +2 so we went to playoff holes
Bonus Holes
18- Both Birdied again, playoff 2
18- IOS' drive went too far and landed OB.  All I had to do was keep my drive in play.  I dangerously landed about 3 feet from the OB marker, hah and got up and down for Par and the win on the tiebreaker.
+2 not terrible for the conditions we were playing in, just one other group out playing so no waiting which was also nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment