Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bowling Scores 8/26/08

5 months off gave me just enough time to strain my left knee this last week while playing Tennis.  Leave it to me to play Tennis 3 out of 5 nights in a row and over do it.
So just an ace bandage wrap it up and get going...
150, 183, 156  489 Series  163 avg.
This is a perfect place to start actually.  How many seasons have I bowled my ass off in Week 1 and began with a 200+ average with nowhere to go but down.  Many a time that's how many.  ?
Actually the third game is kind of a crapshoot because I was rushing to get done because I had a fantasy football draft to get to at 8:45.  The league ran late and I missed the first 3 rounds:
Adrian Peterson
Andre Johnson
Braylon Edwards
Meh, not too bad I guess. Back to bowling...
The 7th frame of the third game I lost my slide with my left shoe and started sticking badly.  THis led to a bad finish and a couple open frames that could have put me in the 170 range.
Other notes would be beginning game one with two open frames followed by XX, followed by two open frames until finally I threw a spare in the 7th.
I ended last season with a 186 average and I think that's a good goal for this season.  We're not talking "King of all non-contact sports 2005 Dean Evans" anymore.  Now it's "Learning how to be a parent 2008 Dean Evans" so the bowling dominance of the past may fall off course a bit.  Then again maybe not, maybe I'll bust out a 300 this season.  Who knows???

No comments:

Post a Comment