Thursday, January 1, 2009

Disc Golf 12/31/08

12/31/08
Disc Golf at Riverbend Park
Tee Time Approximately 2pm.
This would be my first round in months, since the Brownsvalley run.
In The Bag-
Destroyer
Starfire
TeeBird 162g
Comet
Eagle
Soft Challenger
The weather was crazy overcast and foggy with temperatures dipping into the low 40's
1- Bogey (+1)
2- Par
3- Bogey (+2)
4- Bogey (+3) Horrible teeoff backhand.
5- Bogey (+4) Horrible approach shot with the Comet.
6- Double Bogey w/OB (+6) Threw my Starfire into the water yet again but luckily was able to find it in the water.
7- Bogey w/OB (+7) My disc hit a bush and unluckily landed on the cartpath which in PDGA rules states as an OB area.  Horrible luck.
8- Par
9- Double Bogey (+9) Hit a tree 30 feet in front of me and then proceeded to miss a very makeable putt for Bogey.
Front 9 Score and worst ever +9
(2 pars, 5 Bogeys, 2 Double Bogeys)
10 Birdie (+8) At this point I was thinking about the biggest swing of an even round ever with a +9 on front 9 and -9 on back nine.
11 Par
12 Double Bogey (+10) I was really missing my DX Beast today as it's the forehand disc I can get to turn left. My first shot hit a tree again 20 feet in front of me and then I struggled to get back on the fairway
13 Par
14 Bogey (+11) Worst approach shot of the day
15 Par
16 Par
17 Par- Barely got the disc to stick on this uphill putt.
18 Birdie (+10) Best putt of the day hit a 20-25 footer
Back 9 Score +1 (2 Birdies, 5 pars, 1 Bogey, 1 Double Bogey)
Side Note- (IOS shot a +3)
Well I can say that this is my worst round ever at Riverbend Disc Park and the conditions didn't help any. A small victory was my final putt on 18.  I'm definitely out of practice and need to start playing at least once a week for my game to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment