Friday, April 14, 2006

Thank You For Smoking

Current mood:awake

So many people wanted to screen this movie and not for the reason that I wanted to. Obviously the only reason I watched this movie was because it starred Katie Holmes.

Thank You for Smoking is a comedy about a guy named Nick Naylor who is a spokesperson for the Tobacco company and knows how to dominate when it comes to verbal debating the good side of cigarettes. There's some mildly funny stuff in this movie. This movie was ok for the first 20 minutes until I find out that Katie Holmes plays a reporter/whore who will do anything for a good story. Which made me like this movie a lot less. But hey, that's me. I wrote down a couple classic quotes from the movie:

"If your going to drink and drive, make sure you suck on some charcoal."

"The rest of you people slam your fucking heads against the desk and give me something useful!"

That's pretty much all I got on this one.
Thumbs mildly down for me only because of Katie Holmes' Character.

Duffy J-

No comments:

Post a Comment