Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Bowling Scores 6-6-06

140, 178, 200, 176 694 Series

Top League Averages going into the night:

1. 208
2. 206.2
3. Dean Evans 203.1
4. 202.7

This is the last time you will see me in the top 4 averages for a while to come. I get to the bowling alley and attempt one regular shot in practice with my spare ball. When I say regular I mean without my thumb in the ball because that's the way I've thrown my shots for about 5 years. Not gonna happen tonight cause I felt it in the wrist and I mean badly.

So I adjusted and pretty much threw jobber shots all night. The first game I was confused and had no Idea how I was going to make it threw the night. I couldn't get my ball to move at all and I can't count how many times I missed the head pin let alone the "pocket".

Second game I decided to attempt to throw my strike ball (16 lbs.) When I put my thumb in the ball and pretty much throw a straight ball, my wrist holds up ok. The night was a joke though because I had no game plan the entire night. Game 3 was a bust because I strung together some slop strikes (some of the worst you'd ever see) but they all look the same on paper. I was actually shocked I threw a 200. I caught myself intentionally aiming to go brooklyn because I got more pin action on that side than anywhere else. I caught myself caring more about Florida Marlins pitcher Josh Johnson schooling Barry Bonds at the plate than any attempt at concentrating on a game-plan.

We lost 3 of 4 (mostly thanks to me not reaching my ungodly average of 203.1) and I'm pretty sure we have dropped out of first place. Going into the night we were 38-16 and second place team was 35-19.
I'm back. Albeit a shell of my former dominant self and I don't know when the wrist will be well enough for me to go back to my old way of throwing with no thumb. It's frusterating I tell you, but I will attempt to adjust and hopefully my team can have a strong run towards the playoffs.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment