Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bowling Update

Hammer Black Widow
What are we Talking about?.........Practice.
I finally did it. I threw down 180 bones and got a ball of my own. The Hammer Black Widow. After Purchasing it I decided to throw a few games. 4 to be exact and the result is as follows:

176, 234, 224, 255 889 Series.

Whoa! 255 that is by far the best game since I injured my wrist way back at the beginning of summer. Let me tell you I got more pin action with this ball than I have seen in a long time. Pro Shop guy who sold it to me says newer balls are good for that about 40-50 games and then begin to wear down. Some other tips include remembering to wipe all the oil off of your ball before putting it back in your bag at the end of the night cause the oil will seep into your ball and shorten it's durability.
While I'm on the subject of Bowling I guess I'll inform everyone of how this league is going 7 weeks in. Well currently my average stands at a 184 (18 pins down from last year) And I've only rolled 5 200 games this season compared to averaging at least 1 every 3 games last year.
Now to my team this year who have the second highest combined league average (704) Yet we are dead last in the league at 15-41. It's to the point where we have so many solid single pin leaves that it jumps from hillarious to furious with each passing game. And as always the team we bowl each week decides to have their best week of the year.

Anyways, perhaps now that I have a brand new ball I will begin doing weekly reports of my season again. Until next Tuesday...........
Duffy J-

No comments:

Post a Comment