Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Bowling Scores 2-6-07


231, 202, 154 587 Series

Top Averages through 24 weeks

1. Matt 205.7
2. Duffy J- 195.9
3. Chuck 194.1
4. Fred 193.2

Tonight I paid my $90 bucks for the Reno Nationals in April so it's official.
Arrived late and just in time for practice to be over so no practice tonight. The last time I didn't get any practice and arrived late I started with 6 in a row and tonight wasn't much different. XXXXX in a row to start and in a groove. I botched my shot in the 6th frame leaving a 5 pin split and then proceeding to miss all 5 pins on the following shot. I followed that up with XXX more and then left a single pin conversion in the 10th and ended with a X and a respectable 231 that should have been much better.

Second game was a complete bust concidering the title of this Blog should be the night my teammate rolled a 300. Because that is exactly what happened. The guy in the #3 spot, Bill who is just above me dominated 12 in a row to roll his first ever career perfect game. When he had like 10 in a row I knew it was a definate possability. Kalkowski came over and told me he would do it and that is exactly what happened. I've seen Kalkowski roll like 3 perfect games but to see my teammate do it was definatley a shock and a moment for our team. With a 178 average the man rolled 122 pins over his average. And I'm supposed to follow that in the 10th? I ended up X8/ ing to finish with a 202.

Third game blew up as we were all talking about the 300 game and I rolled what was probably my worst game of the season and lost my line completely with a miserable 154 and missing a 600 series by 13 pins. But it didn't matter cause our team took all 3 games and all 7 points putting us at 22-6 for the last third of the season and 82-86 on the season just 4 points below .500. Going into the night we were in 3rd place, it remains to be seen what position we are now in. Making a last ditch effort to make the playoffs...
Till next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment