Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bowling Scores 1/08/08

114, (yes, 114) 161, 188   463 series
I've forgotten how to bowl.  This night ranks as the worst I've ever felt during a league night since I was a kid.  3 weeks off and I couldn't even walk up to the foul line correctly.  I couldn't slide at all and one time nearly blew out my knee and landed on the lane.  I'm not joking. 
5 open frames to start the night.  5 years ago I would have broken something and gotten thrown out of the bowling alley. (It's happened twice if I remember correctly)   But thus I held my tounge and laughed it off.... for a while.
Towards the end of the second game I was seriously concidering sitting out the third game and letting my team take my average of 184 instead of another let down.  But instead I trucked on and finally towards the end of the second game my teammates told me what I was doing wrong, breaking my wrist towards the end of my swing and not following through, thus no rotation and no movement to the pocket leaving washouts all night long (1-2-4-10's) that I couldn't convert to save my life.  We lost the first two games and went into the night in first place 37-12 (75-44 overall) the second place team was 7 games back at 30-19 but thus they won their first 2 games leaving us with just a 1 game lead.  (remember 2 points for a win, 1 total pins)  Third game I still was struggling just to get high counts, I missed another 10 pin late but amazingly we were within a few pins thanks to our leadoff bowler rocking a ridiculous 236 game (172 avg)  all coming down to the 10th frame and our third bowler leaves a 6-7-10 split.  We're up by 13 pins at this point with both anchors working on spares.  Other team throws first and leaves a split which wrapped up a win keeping us just barely in first with 2 or 3 weeks to go in the second third (this is 18th week in).  I'm just glad there was no pressure to mark in the 10th cause I left a 3-10 split, amazingly converted it (the lone highlight of the night) and followed with a 4-10 leave to end the ridiculous night on a shot that pretty much summed up the night.
Oh yeah there's some new team that joined the league and as I'm on the approach ready to throw, dude walks up and stands on the approach to my left.  Some jobber team that doesn't know anything about bowler courtesy.  I get pissed bust the hell out and slam my ball down and walk away.  Everyone gets all silent in an awkward moment.  Better than turning to him and saying "Could you have some fucking courtesy?"
Ah... next week should be interesting...... especially when we end up playing that team.

No comments:

Post a Comment