Sunday, January 6, 2008

TNA Wrestling

A few topics concerning TNA wrestling that I would like to cover.
Internet articles and wrestling analysts have talked about how poor TNA has been booked over the last year.  I couldn't agree more.  The signing of Adam "Pacman" Jones and having him win the TNA Tag Team titles without ever wrestling was on par with David Arquette winning the World Title in WCW.
TNA X-Division getting buried doesn't help things either.  Ex-WWE stars such as Dudleyz, New Age Outlaws, Kevin Nash, etc. just squashing the division.  Great move. 
Total Nonstop Angle?  Reminds me of a really painful episode of Raw where I had to suffer through 3 Bobby Lashley matches in one sitting.  Multiply that by 100. Don't get me wrong Kurt Angle is a great wrestler and athlete but you can only take so much of one wrestler on one 2 hour program.  You gotta mix it up. 
To switch it to Commentary for a minute, I Fucking hate Don West.  He would mark out and try to sell a midget match as the main event at a PPV.  Mike Tenay is ok, I respect his knowledge and whatnot but he needs a better color commentator. 
Ok, so on tonight's episode which will be the 2nd straight week that I've watched the replay on saturday night, Jeremy Borash is at AJ Styles house trying to get an answer from him about who he's going to remain allied with: Kurt Angle or Christian Cage.  They keep bringing in people from AJ's past to try to get him to answer the question (kind of like The Rock's This is your life segment) They're trying to be funny But it's not funny at all.  I'm hoping the X-Division gauntlet is next.
The Cons outweigh the Pros of TNA wrestling but let me switch to a few things I actually like in regards to TNA.
6-Sided ring.  Yeah at first it was weird but it's been around 3+ years now and I've gotten used to it. 
Motorcity Machine Guns.  Cool gimmick w/ good tag team of Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin
Jay Lethal Black Machismo- Oh man, I think this may be the best Gimmick in years.  He actually plays the role of Macho Man Randy Savage and has the knowledge to cut above average promos.  Awesome.
Samoa Joe, Petey Williams, Elix Skipper, Sonjay Dutt and the rest of the X-Division.  They are continually held down by booking.  How many ****+ matches could these guys be putting on in Ring of Honor?
The Women's Division.  Even though I Hate Gail Kim as much as I hate Don West, they have way more talent than WWE's women's division and can put on a women's match that is actually mildly entertaining.
Yeah that's about it for the pros.  Still suffering through matches such as "Loser has to wear a reindeer suit" match. 
Just a few random thoughts on a saturday night while I watch the Impact! Replay....

No comments:

Post a Comment