Sunday, June 1, 2008

Disc Golf 6/1/08

More Disc Golf at Riverbend Park, Oroville, CA.
Approximately 2pm
83°F
Clear
Wind: W at 3 mph
Humidity: 25%
In The Bag-
DX T-Rex *NEW*
DX Starfire *NEW*
DX Beast
DX Firebird
Champion Eagle
Comet
Soft Challenger
Needed something overstable in my bag for today's round.  Went to Sports LTD and picked up a couple of overstable discs.
about 20 putts before we began. There were a few more people out on the course than we are used to.  A group offered to let us go before them so we took them up on the offer.
1- Bogey. (+1) Kind of rushed it but with the pin on the right, forehanded my eagle and it landed without a real good approach shot. I threw a tomahawk shot and it came up well short.  Missed a 25 footer.
2- Par. Awesome forehand off the tee with the Starfire.  The line looked so good but I hit a tree and then missed a 20 foot birdie oppertunity.
3- Par. Teeshot landed up on the hill on the right and rolled back down slightly but next came the most awkward stance I've ever had on an approach shot.  A stance where I could get little power on a forehand hyzer shot.  But I delivered with my best approach shot ever on 3 landing it under the basket. Awesome.
4- Bogey. (+2) err.  so frusterating.  I literally missed a 10 footer, hitting the front of the basket.
5- Par.  Tried to s-curve the starfire, didn't work as well as I would have liked.
6- Bogey. (+3) What I thought was a really good release with the T-Rex ended up being deja-vu in the large bush on the right, I got stuck higher than 6 feet and had to take a penalty shot.
7- Double Bogey. (+5) First Double Bogey in I can't remember how long.  Again I overestamated the overstableness of the starfire and basically through directly into the bushes on the left, leaving me no approach shot at all and having to just pitch out and lay up.  Next shot landed within 15-20 feet but then I missed my putt when I over-compensated for the height of the basket. (7 is higher off the ground than most)
8,9- Some jobbers who were confused on what holes to play were ahead of us and they didn't offer to let us play through so we said fuck this and moved to 10.
10- Birdie. (+4) Really good tomahawk shot that landed 12 feet from the basket.
11- Par.  Not a great Teeshot and left with a very narrow approach to the hole. I forehanded my Comet and got it right on line in fact sailed past the hole, came to a rest leaning on a log 8 feet past the basket.
12- Par.  I'm not a fan of the new pin placement on this one which is to the left and in fact the best shot for this hole off the tee would be a forehand roller but I'm not confident to throw that shot.  IOS attempted to throw one with a valkarie but it turned over too much.  My shot with the Beast on the other hand hit the gap perfectly. In fact I sailed past the hole and a guy on the next tee helped to point out my disc and was marking out for my shot.  Unfortunately I landed in some thorns and bushes and had an awkward 20 foot putt back to the basket.
13- Par. T-rex didn't hyzer the way I would have liked.
14- Birdie (+3) My hole.  Hit the fairway perfectly with a forehand but since there was no wind, my eagle didn't turn right the way it did when I aced it.  It went short and landed in some more thorn bushes.  With a thorn stuck in my leg and another in my hand, I snap putted and crashed the chains.
15- Par. Beast off the tee hit the small gap on the right but didn't turn back over the way I would have liked.  Still a makeable birdie putt that I gave a good run to.
16- Par.  Beast again but release was way too high, I got some tree love though and got a good bounce forward towards the hole.  I was ROBBED of a birdie on this one as my disc hit the top of the basket by inches and bounced down in front. 
17- Birdie. (+2) BEST DRIVE EVER on 17, I forehanded my Eagle again and hit a "6 inch gap" as IOS put it.  I don't know if it was that but it was damn narrow.  I missed a tree by inches and my disc landed 2 feet from the basket.
18- Par. Tee off was below average, I was left a 30 footer that I gave a good run to but not online.
Rewind Holes-
8- Par. Probably my best drive I've had on 8.  It landed in the fairway and gave me a good line to the basket with a jump putt.
9- Bogey.  (+3)  I sort of jinxed myself on this hole as before my teeoff I mentioned that "My Champion Eagle was really working well today..."  I proceded to hit a tree on the left and land in poison oak.  Another near impossible approach shot.  I threw a forehand anhyzer with an Aviar I had lying in my bag.  It turned into a halfway decent roller concidering my lie, and I had a long putt to save par but was unable to.
Recap
Front 9- +6
Back 9-  -3
I tell you all of the birdie oppertunities are on the back 9 and some technical holes (Grass Valley course style)  While the Front 9 is more wide open and for the bigger arms and distance.
I just need to not take penalty shots and get up and down on the front 9 and I'm sure a new record round will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment