Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bowling Scores 3/17/09

172, 153, 176  501 series

I used up all my strikes last week apparently.  As bad as my series was, I finally came through for my team and single handedly got the win in Game 1.  No strikes going into the 10th frame I turn the the opposing team's anchor and say

"Don't worry, I haven't thrown a strike all game"

I then proceed to XXX out in the 10th frame and our team wins by 5 pins.  827-822.  Amazing.  It only took me 29 weeks to come through.

I wasn't even thinking about winning, in fact I thought we had no chance.  Then again, I wasn't calculating exactly what I needed.
To XXX out and only roll a 172 tells you how bad this night was.
I missed multiple spares and my ball was diving into the pocket way too sharply leaving me at lease 3 splits I can remember.  Game #2 Bill stepped it up and threw a 245 and their team couldn't answer the call and we took the second game easily 866-788.

Third game was a different story as the complete opposite happened and I leave a horrendous 3-6-10 split that I thought was justa 6-10 until the last possible second and I stepped off the approach to discuss the spare with my team.  I knew the only way I was going to pick this one up was with my spare ball and a backward spinning shot coming in from left to right.  I threw a decent shot but I hit the 3 too far to the right and left the 6 pin behind.  We lost 799-806.

Still took total pins and go 5-2 on the night and 12-2 over the last 2 weeks to close out the season with an overall record of 113-97.

Next week is the rolloff and it all comes down to this.  A fatal fourway so to speak with all 3 teams that won each third + the wildcard (team with next best overall record)

Alsco Irrigation vs. Al's Concrete vs. Mountain Mike's Pizza vs. Norcal Construction.

Winner take all.

Ending the season with 15,276 total pins and an average of 181.85.

A measly 18 200 games rolled and just 2 600 series'

Let's hope I saved it all for the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment