Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bowling Finale 3/25/09

166, 176, 224   566 Series

Brand new shirts didn't mean a damn thing as we completely tanked in game 1 with a miserable 753 combined handicap series.  My teammate bowled 80 pins under his average and threw a 101.  Seriously.

We never got anything together as a team but in game 2 Bill bounced back with a 246!  I don't think I've ever in my life seen a 145 pin swing between two games.  I on the other hand continually did nothing to contribute.  In fact all 3 games began with an open frame for me.  I was able to hit X's here and there but nothing was strung together until game 3 where I threw frames 4-9 XXXXXX in a row and then proceded to end the Winter league with a 6-7-10 split.  Yeah, that about sums up my season.

Amazingly ending games 2 and 3 with 876 and 896 series' was enough for us to stave off last place in the roll off and we ended up getting third place by just a few pins.

I also watched Kalkowski bowl a 299 game with a broken hand.

So for the last four seasons now we've made the playoffs and each time alternating between a 4th and 3rd place finish (I think).

Maybe I'll look into getting a new ball.  The Black Widow is not getting the job done like it did when it was new.  I've had it a few years now.  Then again I think my main problem is my release with the fingertip grip.  I've even concidered going back to the no thumb style approach.  But then I don't know if my wrist would hold up and the last thing I would want is to re-injure it and be out of action for months.

Anyways to break down the final numbers on the season:

Final Average- 181.85
Total Games- 84
Total Pins-15,276
Games over 200-  18
600 Series'-  2

Average by Game

Game 1  179.0
Game 2  182.2
Game 3 184.3

A disappointing finish but there's always next year.  I'll be taking summer league off like I did last year so no bowling blogs until August.

Duffy J-

No comments:

Post a Comment