Friday, April 10, 2009

Invaders Must Die

I rarely buy CD's anymore there's only a handful of bands that I am a fan of that I buy the album when it comes out.  After surfing through the videos on Comcast In Demand I came across Invaders Must Die by Prodigy.  I had no idea they had recently released their 5th full album.  The song is solid so I drive out to Best Buy to purchase the album. It's probably the first CD I've bought in the last year.  While the employees at BestBuy had heard of Prodigy, it seemed that noone in the store had any idea what section it would be in.  Dance?  Industrial?  Rock?  Then some employee hands me a CD "Here it is."  Apparently there's a hip-hop artist called Prodigy as well.

So when it's all said and done, even though in their system it said they had copies available, noone could find one.  So I leave somewhat disappointed and go to Target and find it in five seconds.

I've been listening to Prodigy's Invaders must Die pretty much non stop for the last week or so and I have to say it's their best album since The Fat of The Land.

While other bands and artists tend to change it up as they progress, Prodigy sticks to their roots and the album delivers.  There are so many bands out there that I was into in high school that progress to something so ridiculously different (I.E. Silverchair, seriously go look up their video for Tomorrow from the mid 1990's and compare it to their most recent release) Sugar Ray's first album Lemonade and Brownies was really a metal album and we all know what they turned into.  I'm just thankful for those few bands that stick to the sound that made them turn out the hits back in the day and continue to do so.

If you enjoyed Fat of The Land back in the day then this album is for you.  Strongly Recomended.

No comments:

Post a Comment