Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bowling Scores 1-11-11

233/203/237  673 Series

Straight from an hour and a half of getting my teeth drilled and face injected with novocaine, decided to deliver.  Game 1 began with XXXXX in a row.  The lanes were pretty dry outside the 10 board and fairly wet around the 15. I left a 6-10 in the 6th and failed to convert wrapping the 6 around the 10 for my first open frame of the night.  Finished strong though.

Second game the lanes were drying out big time further down the lane and all over the place players' lines that were fine in game 1 were having their ball dive in late and many splits were left.  I struggled but gladly had no splits the first five frames of the 2nd game.  However I did not keep it clean with my spares and failed to convert a 2-4 sleeper as well as a missed 10 pin.  Around frame 7 I decided that instead of standing on the 20 board and shooting at the 10, I would move right about 3 boards so standing around the 17 and still shooting the 10 board having a much straighter line to the pocket.  This ended up working out and I was getting a lot of carry.  I nearly 5 bagger'd out XXXX9 to salvage a deuce.

Third game I kept my same game plan mentality that I finished the second with and it was a pretty consistent result on both lanes 31 and 32.  Kicked things off with XXXX in a row before leaving a 10 pin in the 5th.  I converted however and finished out the game no tap 300 style.

Everyone else struggled for the most part on both lanes. We lost the first 2 games by a combined 14 pins:

798-806 (L)
867-873 (L)

But took the third game and total pins to go 3-4 on the night:

870-836 (W)

We already have a bid for the playoffs so from here on out it's just about Pin money so with each win we get a little more in return come March.  We sit at 84-64 for the season which going into the night was the 2nd best record in the league.

My average sits at a ridiculous 205.46 through 63 games with 12,944 total pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment