Monday, April 11, 2011

Raw Thoughts 4.11.11

Raw meh

Ross' statement that this is the first ever 5 man gauntlet in Monday Night Raw history is questionable.  I don't have the drive to look up the history of gauntlet matches from Raw but it could be incorrect I guess.

Oh yeah let me touch on Cena's flub on the mic to the Miz from last week: "I hope I never get another chance to face you again"  Uh well your hope has been crushed because your now in a triple threat match at Extreme Rules.  Speaking of flubs, Miz was off on some of his Main Event commentary tonight.

Corre/Apple segment was amusing and quote of the night goes to Santino for "And unlike an Apple, this fight will not keep the doctor away."

They seriously need Awesome Kong debut and squash the entire Women's division.  Too bad it won't happen

Putting the Diva's title on Brie is fine I guess.  A few weeks ago I gave Eve props for putting on some decent matches but I think I'll regress my confidence in her as I think it was just that match against Natalya.

Sin Cara debuted good but not great.  A blown spot finish and for the second week in a row he looks like he nearly botches his enterance.  Maybe it's just me but it almost looks like he's going to pull a Benjamin.  (Or Super Calo) 

Main Event Gauntlet was ok but setting it up thsi way is just a false push for R Truth just so Miz can pin Truth at Extreme Rules and claim he holds another victory over Cena. Thus making Miz continue to look strong without having Cena look weak.

Average Raw like I said.  Meh.

An afterthought:   Former ROH World Champion Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) won the FCW tag team championship.  Way to go, pray they don't bury you if and when they bring you up to the main roster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment