Monday, April 18, 2011

Raw Thoughts Episode #934

Very strange opening segment and mic work from both Truth and Morrison.  I felt they were actually given some freedom and control on what was said during the segment.

The match that followed was ok and Morrison hit one of the better Starship pains he has ever hit.  The R-Truth heel turn was intriguing as these turns don't occur very often in WWE anymore because most of the time the faces move so much merchandise with the kids and younger audience that turning them would be a loss of cash flow.  I think we can all agree though that R Truth doesn't move T Shirts so I think turning him is a smart fresh move.  I liked the whole opening segment though and am interested to see where they go with it.

I'm assuming the Steel Cage match was announced on Smackdown?  I don't watch so I wouldn't know.

Ladies and Gentlemen the new spokesman for Just For Men haircolor, Mr. Dolph Ziggler 2.0

I know everyone is banking on Sin Cara to deliver the goods but thus far I have been somewhat disappointed.  I don't think it's Mistico's fault at all though I just think that the clash in styles from CMLL/AAA and WWE has been difficult to mesh thus far.  On a positive note he did finally hit his ring enterance properly and it was impressive.
Not impressive however, was the finish to the tag match.

The women's matches just get worse and worse each week.  Botchamania has some new material.

Michael Cole segment aka time filler/killer blah blah blah.  I did have a flashback to the Lawler/Hart feud.

Orton and Punk was very good and probably one of the best matches they have had on Raw since the year kicked off with Miz/Morrison.

If I was to compare this Raw to a sandwich I would probably call it a Shit sandwich with delicious Great harvest bread (The Opening and Closing Segments of Raw) and the Shit (everything in between) 

Oh yeah, someone forgot to inform R Truth that the words "fight" and "fighting" have been outlawed. 

Can't wait for WWE Mania 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment