Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bowling Scores 8-23-11

159, 173, 158   490 Series

Wow, 5 months away from the game really shows why practice is important I guess.  Game 1 I was hitting the pocket clean and leaving 10 pins.  0/3 on 10 pins game 1.  3 strikes, 4 open frames bleh.

Game 2 began with two more 10 pins and converting 1/2.  I finally changed my line to the pocket at this point which eliminated my 10 pin leaves.  Still though couldn't string anything together X wise. 3 strikes, 2 opens.

Third game and out comes the curse of the splits.  4 of them to be exact.  Add to that the fact that I missed a 4 pin in the 8th frame and my 8th frame looked like this:

9-

98





Having a 98 in the 8th is pretty ulous and at this point I completely changed my line again moving way left to the 15 board and throwing across to the 10 board with maximum revs on my ball.  This worked and I XXXX'd out to salvage a 158.  "Hey it only took me 28 frames to figure it out!" 

AMF Lanes also got new flat screen monitors for scoring which are way bigger than what was there last season.  The team we bowled made it a point that every time someone rolled XXX in a row and the turkey popped up on the screen to exclaim: "Wow! Look at the sack on that thing!"  which is pretty hillarious and became a running gag all night.

Only one of my teammates showed up so it was 2 on 4 toinight.  Hopefully my other teammate shows up next week and we can figure out the 4th spot on our roster soon.  Our league meeting before hand saw that we were about 3 teams short from last season so if anyone out there has been thinking about joining a league or knows anyone that wants to let me know.  It doesn't matter how good or bad you are as this is a handicap league and there is a variety of bowlers.  We meet Tuesday nights and bowl 3 games from 6:15pm-830ish.

Final line was 12 strikes and 11 open frames.  Yikes.  Well everyone thought I was sandbagging so sure I'll go with that.  163.3 average through 1 week and 3 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment