Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bowling Scores 8-30-11

223, 161, 226  610 Series

Game 1 I forgot to tally my strikes and spares but I can tell you I had no open frames through 10.  I had one gift strike late that put me into the 220 range.  I started off the night trying the line I finished last week with but the lanes were much drier so as the night went on I slowly moved right back toward the 20 board on my stance. 2/2 on 10 pins! I also X in the 2nd and 9th frames, yes hell had frozen over at this point.

Game 2: 3 strikes, 4 spares, 3 opens

I came back to reality and it began in the 1st frame as I missed a 4-10 conversion completely as my ball rolled into the gutter. I've really been choosing to shoot all of my spares with my strike ball aside from the 10 pin.  I did experment this past Sunday on shooting single pins on the left side of the lane with my strike ball but for decided not to do so tonight.  I clawed my way through the next few frames before the 10 pin bug returned in the 7th and 8th frame where I went 0/2 with both misses being on the left and not in the gutter as the 4 misses last week were.  Leaving me with something in the 130ish range going into the final 2 frames. I salvaged a 161.

Game 3: 7 strikes, 3 spares, 1 open

I can't count the number of times I've seen this in the 2nd frame in my Career:

9-
28

In fact I mentioned getting it tattooed on my forearm as a bust factor.  Like I said the 2nd and 9th frames are my Kryptonite when it comes to failing.

Halfway through the third game we had to get a re-spot of Ben's spare and there was like a 10 minute delay.  This worked in my favor as I settled down and began to relax a bit more finishing the second half of the last game with a five bagger 7th frame on: XXXXX9/.  In fact it was damn near a no-tap 300 game as all I would have needed was one more strike for the 10th frame to look like this: XX9 instead of this X9/. 

For as bad as I shot my spares in the second game to come out with my first 6 of the season is really quite amazing.  Looking back on Week 1 it seems David shot a 716 series week 1.  Holy shit I guess I made him angry when I passed him late in the season last year for high series (729)

As far as my team goes it was the 2nd straight week with just me and Ben.  All of the "special people" started asking if we needed a couple of bowlers and I quickly responded "No we don't"  and then told pretty much every one else that I would rather "Pull a Carson Palmer" than have any of them on my team.  Shortly later Steve from a couple years ago asked if we needed another bowler which I said would be fine he has a 180ish average and so now it looks like our team is coming together.  Hopefully Bill will be back next week and we can have a full 4 man team for the first time this season.  As I said before my Dad is out with a Wrist injury Carlos Beltran style.

1100 (hah) total pins through 2 weeks and a 183.33 average through 6 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment