Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bowling scores 9-13-11

256/188/161   605 Series

Game 1-  X X 9/ X X X X X 7/ XXX

Going into the night following my 2nd of 4 530am-3pm shifts for the all digital install at the theatre and I was very tired.  In practice as well as into the first game I'm looking around and everyone is missing the head pin.  The lanes are super oily.  I move right to the 15 board on my stance and I'm lofting the ball out a ways landing it near the arrows and rolling outside the 10 board.  That was the line and I was able to stay consistent pretty much all of game 1.  Except one bad shot in the 9th frame where I had bowlers on both my left and right hit flush pocket hits and leave 10 pins.  I probably should have stepped off at that point as I through the ball too hard and barely clipped the head pin leaving a 2-4-5. 

Game 2 started with two more X's and I was looking at 12 of 14 to start the night and 8 in a row on Lane 34.  Then the lanes began drying out and I lost my line and started leaving pins.  3rd frame I left a 10 pin and tried a new approach to convert however the lanes were still oily way out there in 3-1 boardland and my ball eased right into the gutter 5 feet short.  Not even close.  3/13 on 10 pin conversions for the season at this point.  I clawed my way to a decent 188.

Game 3 began with a 7-10 split leave and two more splits would follow later on lane 34 which now was having my ball dive in too high on the head pin. I was semi-frusterated going into the 9th frame and started calculating out what I'd need to roll a six.  Not a good idea to leak that into my head as it's a good start to mentally break down.  I caught a break in the 10th frame and X on 34 with a light pocket hit and barely made it. 

I think being tired early on helped my game quite a bit as I really wasn't thinking at all just rolling my line.  We bowled the special team this week and Ed asks me early on "How many you got in a row?" in which I replied "I don't know man I just roll the ball."  Then after the end result he jokingly accuses me of lofting the ball at which point I instantly say he may have a point and break out the rule book in my bowling bag for the bust factor.  Now he thinks I'm angry but I'm actually just playing this out as much as possible.  Then I try to tell him that but he just didn't get it and I spent the rest of the night in between throws tallying how many times he kept apologizing to me.

Going into the night we were in 2nd place at 14-7 (even with only 3 bowlers) However we only took one game and went 2-5 on the night putting us at 16-12.  256 should be good enough for high game thus far on league as the previous high was 247.

Oh yeah, I converted 2 ten pins in games 2 and 3 with the same approach.  So 2/3 on the night and 5/15 through 4 weeks

2280 total pins through 12 games and an average of 190.0

No comments:

Post a Comment