Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bowling Scores 9-20-11

140/161/182  483 Series

Seven counts on the night-  11

Wow. Worst series of the season.  Even worse than the Week 1 490 which I talked myself into believing was me sandbagging.  Began the night trying the same line I started with last week as the lane conditions were very similar.  Although this week I couldn't get my ball to move into the pocket no matter how far outside I began my line.  I was coming in super thin game 1 and literally didn't have anything higher than a 7 count for the first 6 frames and the 2-4-5 leave was a theme on the night:

71 7/ s72 63 72 7/ X 9/ X s81 140

I tried changing some things around but it didn't matter.  Even when I did get the ball to bite in later in the night I was then chopping the head pin and leaving either splits or 3-6-10's or 3-6-9-10's.

Everyone was struggling game 1 and I don't believe a single bowler cracked 200 through the first 10 frames. 

Game 2 was much of the same. With the lane conditions beginning to dry out, many bowlers were adjusting properly and starting to figure it out.  I was not one of them.  Definitely frusterated and if this was 1998 I would have done something immature and kicked the ball return or punched the scoring machine but instead I quietly shook my head. 

Game 3 I finally started to figure things out but even then, my two best pocket shots on the night left a solid 7 pin on one and a solid 8 pin on the other.  It went from frusteration to shock to hillarity.  I had an all mark game going albeit with only 2 strikes up until the 6th frame where I would chop a 6 pin on a 6-10 conversion attempt. 

X 7/ X 9/ 9/ 81 X 8/ 9/ 9/8 182

If I can take anything positive away from this attrocious night it would be the fact that I was 3/3 in converting 10 pins including back to back frames Game 3. 

7 Strikes, 8 Opens on the night you know your not hitting even a 500 series. Funny I've only thrown 1 series in the 500's through 5 weeks.  Maybe I'll just stay in the 600+ or -500 range.

8/18 on 10 pins through 5 weeks

2763 total pins through 15 games and an average of  184.2

On another side note, looking at the stat sheet it states that I have thrown 2 600 series' but only 1 200 game.  Um... What?

No comments:

Post a Comment