Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bowling Scores 1-23-06

202, 214, 227 (no tap 300) 643 Series

We played the "special" team this week which I never look forward to because they smell horrible and the one guy chews tobacco and has it drip down his grimy beard. We lost the first game by 77 pins. The highlight of the first game had to be my teammate Ben converting a 4-7-9-10 split which I haven't seen picked up before.

The second game we bounced back and won by 29 pins. This game was classic because it was actually really close and came down to the 10th frame where I needed a X to win. For some reason I was feeling quite confident at the time and turn to the other team before I roll and say, "So I just need one strike huh?" Which prompts the "specials" to bust and start heckling me. "just one strike junior, just one strike..." Until I stepped to the approach where of course the common bowler courtesy is to shut up. I throw my shot and convert the X which was hillariously followed by a "FUCK THIS SHIT!" by the tobacco spitter. This in turn got into his head and he bowled a 117 the third game.

About the 7th frame of the second game I found my shot and was hitting the pocket on a consistent basis the rest of the night. The third game we blew out the other team and took 2 of 3 games and total pins. Giving us a 5-2 point record on the night. That puts us at 12-2 as a record for the final 1/3 of the season. Back to the third game where I hit the pocket on every shot and left a ridiculous amount of 10 pins on the night. In fact the third game ended with a X9/ in the 10th frame which ended my night with a personal Record of 10, 10 pins left. A full game of 10 pins!!! Luckily my horrible conversion percentage of 10 pins didn't carry over from the previous week and I converted 9/10 for a 90% conversion percentage.

It's been confirmed that I will be rolling nationals in Reno, NV in April. 6 games total, 3 singles and 3 doubles. No Pressure......

No comments:

Post a Comment