Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bowling Scores 1-30-07

194, 178, 257 (no tap 300) 629 Series

I throw one practice shot a piece on lanes 27 and 28 and I felt confident that the lanes were in good condition tonight. Well that all changed as the games started. I couldn't hit the pocket on lane 27 and kept coming in high leaving the 4 pin. Lane 28 was a bit different and I was more confortable on lane 28 but still only had 3 X's the first game. Luckily I converted all my spares and ended with an all mark game and a 194, 1 pin under my average.

Second game was again a game of inconsistency and I couldn't get my ball to move to the pocket. I kept coming in light and leaving buckets and it angered me. I began the second game with an open in the first frame just completly botching a pretty easy 3 pin conversion. We lost the first 2 games, the second game by a measly 8 pins but it was over before I stepped up in the 10th in clean up position. I XX9'd the 10th frame but I also opened in the 9th which absolutely kills. (remember 40 pin swing?) yeah.
The end of the second game I was finally finding a line to the pocket and became pretty confident in my release to give the ball a bit more movement and agression to the pocket. The third game went as follows:

xxx9/xxx9/xxx9 257

Other than a ball I threw in the 4th frame that came in a fraction high in the pocket and left a 4 pin, I hit the pocket clean on every other shot... perfectly. I was in the zone and nothing else mattered at that point except for me to continue to hit the pocket and dominate. After losting the first 2 games and being behind in total pinfall by 60 pins. I bounced back and our team ended up winning the third game and taking overall pins to salvage 3 of 7 points. This puts us at 15-6 for the third and 75-86 on the season. My goal is to get our team back to .500 by the end of the season. Another 600 series definately brings confidence to my game as I am getting more used to the thumb/fingertip grip. I'm also in a battle for the second highest average on the league-

Top 4 Averages after 24 Weeks-

1. Matt 205
2. Duffy J- 195.2
3. Chuck- 195
4. Fred- 193.9

Until next week-

No comments:

Post a Comment