Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bowling Scores 3-20-07

9/ X X X X X X X X XXX 290 game

My shot in the first frame hit the pocket and left a solid 7 pin.

I followed that up with XX more to start the second game putting me at 13 strikes in a row and my second unofficial 300 game ever. 290 tops my 287 game I rolled a couple years ago as my high game ever.

I knew we had to bowl well to have a shot at making the playoffs. Last week I think I said we had to sweep to win the third third of the season. In all actuality we had to win 2 of 3 and total pins to go 5-2 on the night. We won the first game and by quite a few pins as I definatley picked a good time to bowl my ass off crazy style.
Second game my teammates were in a slump and we ended up losing the second game by 30 pins despite my 217. So it all came down to winning the third game. One game, one playoff spot, one chance...
Not the best time to fall flat on my face with a 161 game. Blah. Luckily one of my teammates stepped up with a 224 and the third game ended anti-climatic as the team we were playing were already in the playoffs and I can't say for sure or not but frames 8-10 it seemed like they began to sandbag. Part of me is pissed at this cause I wanted it to end in dramatic fashion but another part is not concidering the team that we kept out of the playoffs was Mountain Mike's Pizza who had won the championship the last 2 or 3 years in a row.

290, 217, 161 668 series

A new champ will be crowned next tuesday night as the 3 teams that won each third of the season... and the wildcard team (best overall record) will all compete against one another.

Any other season 290 would have been good for best overall high game but this season my teammate decided to roll a 300 so 290 is only second best, but still better than Kalkowski. Every season me and Kalkowski end up 1-2 in overall average although this year he had me by a good 10 pins (196-206)
Next week is the final week and we have a shot to win the championship so stay tuned boys and girls.....

No comments:

Post a Comment