Monday, March 19, 2007

Premonition

I normally only do reviews on movies that I screen mid-week before they come out but I went and saw Premoniton on Friday night so thought I'd give some input...
The manager that screened Premoniton says it's "Deja Vu for women" I haven't seen Deja Vu with Denzel Washington so I couldn't tell you.
Sandra Bullock plays a wife that wakes up one day to a cop arriving at her house telling her that her husband died in a terrible car accident. She's devestated as now she has to raise two daughters on her own. When she wakes up the next morning though, her husband is back and there seems to be nothing wrong. Was it a bad dream? No. Yes. who knows?
The movie's plot goes through different days as each day her husband is dead and then alive again. Bullock tries to piece things together and figure out which day of the week it is each day she wakes up to attempt to stop her husband from dying before it's too late.
Psycological Thriller that ended up being pretty good and well put together. I believe it will end up being Bullock's biggest opening weekend ever. Good date movie and I would recommend it but would never pay for it. Then again I haven't paid for a movie in about 10 years......

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment