Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bowling Scores 5-15-07

234, 184, 165, 217 (no tap 300) 800 Series.

Back on lanes 15 and 16 this week and they started out good for me. I began game 1 with XXXX in a row and my ball was moving nicely into the pocket. 5th frame I threw a bad shot thus ending a 300 run but I finished with an all mark game.

I made it 14 consecutive frames with a mark until I left a 4-10 split in the 5th frame of the second game. From there I just completely lost it. The lanes were drying out by this point and my ball was moving too agressively into the pocket. This continued well into game 3 where I left a 6-10 3 consecutive frames. The third one I missed completely which was the only open that should have been converted on a regular basis on the night. All of my other open frames I think 4 in all were splits or wash outs. I had given up in the third game and ended with an open in the 9th and 10th.
4th game I totally changed my line and found a better one that was giving me a good (not great) line to the pocket. I was hitting the pocket at a lighter angle than in the first game and thus I was leaving 10 pins, 7 pins, and 8 pins. I converted them all and ended the last game with no tap 300.
I averaged 200 even this week so my average will drop a bit and I may lose my #1 league average to a guy we bowled this week.
Going into the night I had him edged by about 2 pins 211-209

Sadly we lost all but one and are well below .500 on the season.
A quick note as my 10th frame of the last game I left a 10 pin and when I went to convert it I hit the pin hard and knocked it 2/3 of the way down the alley towards me. We were on the end lanes so I walked down and picked the pin up and took it home.
Bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment