Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Night Raw 5-21-07

Too Much Lashley.

Raw has gotten stale once again the last couple of weeks. I don't normally comment but a few things come to mind.
Lashley having 4 matches on Raw pretty much killed it for me. Raw is looking grim as HBK is set to have knee surgery soon so he'll be out of the storylines for a few months. HHH is not set to return yet as he too is recovering from knee surgery. Edge, although I'm not a fan is still entertaining to a degree on the mic and has gone to Smackdown to feud with Dave. So what does that leave on Raw? Orton is the only guy I would push at this point but hence Vince loves the big men and I'm destined to suffer through the Cena (never back down from a challenge blah blah blah)/ Great Khali segments for the next god knows how many weeks. Vince/Shane/Umaga stable is stale.
On a positive note, the recent improvement to the tag division has been a nice change as well and the WWE Referee's doing an extra nice job with the checking of the shoulders before counting the 3 count. I dig the Hardyz/Cade and Murdoc Respect/Handshake angle. I hope they drag it on for a while and don't do the turn anytime soon.
I still watch Raw no matter how bad it is, more cause of tradition since there's been 730 episodes of Raw since 1993 and I've probably seen about 720 of them.
WWE no longer has the big 4 from 1999-2002 (Rock/Austin/HHH/Foley) and they continue to attempt to make Cena the next Hogan and it just doesn't work for me.
Just some thoughts..........

No comments:

Post a Comment