Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Bowling Scores 5-8-07

209 (No Tap 300), 214, 225, 235 883 Series

I believe I broke my record tonight for most consecutive marks. I began the night with 25 straight marks. Flippin crazy. I wasn't really thinking about it that much which is probably why I made it as far as I did. I don't believe I deserved it though because there were about 4 shots that I should have left splits but got some good pin action and some 9 counts. Only rolling a 209 the first game and it being a NT300 tells you how many 9 counts I had in that game. I couldn't string a pair of XX's together until the 10th frame that game.

Second game was much of the same and I didn't really find the pocket until later in the night. I was getting some good breaks on Lane 11 (Ha) and not striking so much on lane 12. Still, I was converting my spares and remained consistent.

6th Frame of the third game I knew I was in trouble from the moment the ball left my hand. I turned my back on the lane immediately and grimaced as I turned around to a 6-7-10 split. So the run was over and nothing left to do but continue to bowl. I finished strong with XXXX in a row.

4th game was a complete bust.

Split- 72 72 XXXXXXX 8/X 235 game

I opened the 4th game with 2 splits in a row. I turned to my teammate ben and called 10 in a row. 7 in a row made it close but my first shot in the 10th frame didn't travel far enough outside the 10 board and the violent reactive black widow bit into the pocket way too high risking a split but thankfully leaving just a 4,7.
We only won 1 game, Game 4. But our opponents were bowling their ass off and came into the night with an unbeaten record of 18-0.
We ended the night 2-7 (remember 2 points for each game and 1 point for total pins)
Putting us at 16-19 on the season.

Top Averages after 3 weeks and going into the night:

1. Dean Evans Jr. 206.5
2. James Wikey- 202.5
3. Jeremy Jones- 201.0
4. Sean Olschowka- 197.8
Looks like I'll remain on top for at least one more week.
Note: Kalkowski- 184.0 (after 1 week)
Till next week-

No comments:

Post a Comment