Sunday, April 13, 2008

Disc Golf 4/13/08

83 Degrees Pt. Cloudy Wind 9 mph SSE
Played Chico back course today around 4:30pm. Warmed up on the front 9 and shot a -1 with 6 pars 2 birdies and a bogey.  Missed a bad short putt .. a terrible tee off. 
In The Bag:
Regular Plastic Innova Firebird
Regular Plastic Innova Beast
Champion Monster
Champion Orc
Champion Eagle
KC Pro Comet
Discraft Soft Challenger
I haven't played a full round of Chico back on about a year and a majority of the holes back there are uphill, especially the back 9. Front 9  7 pars, 2 Bogeys  29 +2
Back 9   7 pars, 2 Bogeys  29 +2
Final Round Score 58  +4
For those that are unfamilar with Disc Golf all holes are par 3 on any course anywhere, I have never heard of or played any disc golf hole that is par 4 or higher.
Wind was a factor on hole 9 as I threw a put with some hyzeer and it just fluttered horribly away from the pin.  Resulting in a bogey.  No ace runs, a couple long birdie puts but nothing that hit and birdieless on the back course.  The majority of my tee off disc selection was with the Champion Monster and Firebird (best overstable discs for windy conditions) 
The problem with my game is I would say 80% of my shots are forehand and I can throw way farther with a snap of my wrist on a forehand than a backhand that takes way more effort and occasionally will hurt my arm.  This is also the case on the occasional tomahawk shot.  I am also not as accurate on approach shots with backhand hyzer shots. 
Not a horrible round but definitely feeling it on the way back home.  Probably won't play again till Wednesday.
On a side note, we ran into some other discers on the back 9 and they asked if we were playing par 3's or par 4's?  Thats a bust

No comments:

Post a Comment