Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Disc Golf 4/23/08

Disc Golf at Riverbend Park. Oroville, CA
Didn't get a weather report this time but the winds were swirling pretty damn hard making today's outing somewhat frusterating.
Threw about 75 putts before the round.

Tee Time 5:00 pm.
In The Bag-
DX Beast
DX Firebird
Champion Orc
Champion Monster
Champion Eagle
Discraft Soft Challenger
Discraft Challenger
The majority of my drives today were done with the DX Beast and Champion Eagle.  Tomahawk shots saved for the DX Firebird.  Approach shots using the regular Discraft Challenger.
hole 1- par.  Bad tee off sailed to the right but good approach shot got up and down.
hole 2- bogey.  My drive off the tee looked halfway decent but my only backhand shot of the round just didn't have the distance and I got caught in the rough and had to nearly just lay up and play for bogey.  I missed a 20 footer.
3- par
4-par
5-par
6-par
7-par
8-par.  Got some ridiculous love on my approach shot which came up short but somehow threaded the needle through about 5 trees and landed within 10 feet of the basket.
9-par
10-par.  Missed a fairly makeable birdie putt, my tomahawk shot landed on the side of the hill and didn't roll down to the basket so I had an awkward putt throwing down towards the basket.
11-double bogey.  By god I get dominated by the 11 again!  This is just not my hole.  My drive was completely different than last time and I threw too far left.  My Eagle had little fade back towards the fairway and I was left with a difficult approach shot.  I landed about 20 feet behind the hole and missed my par putt, the disc rimmed off the side of the basket and proceded to land on edge and roll another 20 feet from the basket.  Terrible break here.  I then missed my bogey putt.  3 putting 11 frusterating as hell.
12-par.  another wormburner that never made it a foot off the ground but made it under the tree far enough to approach and leave with par.
13-par.  Tomahawk within 30 feet but with the wind today nothing even had a chance of going in.
14-par.  Threw my eagle again and it turned over never coming back. Left in the rough and my approach shot hit the base of the basket for a drop in par.
15-par.  This is eerily similar to my last round as I miraculously made it through the 6 inch gap and my DX Beast landed about 20 feet from the basket.  This is now my best drive ever on 15 but I couldn't cash in as I came up short on my putt just barely,  hitting the front of the basket.
16-par.  Really good drive in fact too good, I overdrove the hole with a forehand that turns left with the beast, getting that shot down which is good cause I can't backhand for distance at all. 
17-bogey.  Terrible.  Missed a very makeable putt putting me on tilt.
18-par
Final Round Score
Duffy J- 58  +4
IOS      56  +2
Derek  60  +6    
A lot more wind than we had been playing in before.  Putting is a whole new challenge when wind becomes a factor like it was today.
In fact none of us birdied any holes at all which is just ridiculous.  There were many oppertunities but nothing was going in.  The highlight of the day had to be Derek's long bogey on 15.  Probably about a 50 footer

No comments:

Post a Comment