Saturday, April 26, 2008

Disc Golf 4/26/08

Threw 2 rounds on Chico Front course today, beginning at 6:45 pm.  Amazingly we got 2 rounds in, the second one was rather rushed
Only 16 holes on the first round cause we had to jump ahead of these jobbers so we skipped holes 5 and 6.  My opening shot seemed very close to an ace, I was blinded by the sun and just caught a glimpse of the champion orc missing it my inches.
Chico Front is a bit of a joke after playing Oroville for so many consecutive rounds.  However we didn't have enough daylight left to drive to oroville, and chico back course we probably wouldn't have finished either. 
Round One saw birdies on 1, 3, 7,11, and then on hole 12 total bust when I step up to the teepad to see people just laying in the fairway watching the sunset.  "go ahead man" the guy yells.  So we drive our discs over them.  I over threw the hole and managed a par. Birdie on 13 good forehand drive within 15 feet and I was putting very well thus far. I missed an easy birdie putt on 14 and got frusterated.
Entering hole 16 I sat at a -5 and then proceded to job it up with a horrible drive that I turned over and it never made it up the hill landing ridiculously short and a mid range second shot that I forehanded with the soft challenger left me in the bushes with a long putt that I missed giving me bogey back to -4. IOS made a long putt on 16 to put him in the lead at -5.  Threw just a bit long on 17 and missed a comebacker.  18 turned left and never came back putting me in the bushes on the far left off the fairway.  Up and down for par finishing 16 holes with a -4. 
We played a second round that was speed rushed and I shot a -3.  So overall a -7 for 34 Holes.
Then as it got dark we went to 20th street to get some putting in.  Don't know how many putts I threw in the range of 10-30 feet but guestimating somewhere around 300+ putts.  I'm drained and my arm is sore, so back on the course  in a few days till then...
Get out there and throw!

No comments:

Post a Comment