Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bowling Scores 9/9/08

Apparently that 230 was good enough to be 67 pins over my average and grant me Bowler of the Week.  Beating out Kalkowski by a single pin.  And that's where the goodness ends on this night.
159, 173, 160 (no strikes)
So the 0 confidence in my strike ball continues.  The lanes were completely different tonight than they were the first two weeks of league, actually dry.  This wasn't the problem, the problem ended up being my mechanics of approach, release and follow through.  I totally came unglued in this department and was unable to string together anythng the entire night.  In fact in the first game I was missing single pin conversions horribly.  Not difficult ones either.  In fact I missed a 3 pin twice (seriously) and almost a third one in the third game.  The third game began with a gutter ball and from that point forward I started throwing more of a straight route to the pocket and less hook.  To no avail though as for the first time in forever I roll a game with no strikes.  To still throw a 160 with no strikes is somewhat respectable but I still opened in the 7th and 10th leaving splits.
The rest of my team struggled as well as high game of the night was a 189.  We lost 2 of 3 and total pins.  So going into the night we were 10-4 and in first place.  We'll now drop into the center of the pack with a 12-9 record. 
I also mis-calculated on my previous blog.  My average going into tonight was not a 192 but instead a 177.66.  And after tonight it sits at 173.11. 
I figure if I continue to have this low average around the 170 range, then when I do get hot and throw like a 250+ it will be 80+ pins over my average and bowler of the week awards will continue to come my way.  Not that they ever remember to announce it over the PA.
Meh, the season continues..

No comments:

Post a Comment