Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bowling Scores 9/2/08

174, 173, 230   577 Series
Hah the most pathetic 230 I've ever bowled.  A 230 nonetheless though. Also a near all mark game minus my last shot in the 10th.  3rd game looked like this:
9/ 9/ 7/ 8/ 9/ 9/ X X X XX8
Once again going into the night with little confidence as this will only be my 4th, 5th, and 6th games bowled since March.  What I lacked in Strikes in games 1 and 2, I made up for by converting pretty much all of my spares.  (I did miss one 10 pin in the second game 10th frame)  I left a couple of 6-7-10 splits and that one came up a lot tonight not just on our lanes.  Also converted two 3-10 splits which gave me more confidence on my accuracy for spare shots.
I'd say I hit the pocket for pocket strikes maybe 3 times tonight.  That five bagger in the third game was so pathetic.  The first two strikes were legit, then the third and fourth were brooklyn, and the fifth oh man what a thin hit of the head pin on the right leaving the 7-4-5 but just as I was about to turn away a miracle occurred as the pin action tripped all 3 remaining pins. So ridiculous but this gave our team the point for total pins and we took 2 of 3 going 5-2 on the night.  (remember how we score these right?) I hit heavy on my final ball leaving the 6-10 but it was enough, I look up to see my first 200 game in nearly six months.
Still no consistency at all on my strike shots, the lanes have been wet for the most part the first two weeks until game 3 when they dry out a bit.  Going into Week 3 my average sits at  192.33.  As odd as it sounds I hope to lower that one a bit next week until I can gain enough confidence on my strike ball to consistently find the pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment