Sunday, September 14, 2008

Disc Golf 9/14/08 w/pics!

Today was the second round of disc I've played in Oroville at Riverbend Disc Course since before summer.
First Round Last Week shot a +5 and lost yet another disc, Starfire. The lone highlight of last week's round was my birdie of hole 15, although it was a different pin placement.
Today's round went something like this:
We warmed up on the front course front 7 holes.  I shot a +1 and then began the back course on Hole 10
Hole 10- Par (E) Tomahawk shot landed way above the hole leaving a difficult downhill putt that I bulleted just wide to the right.









Hole 11- Birdie! (-1) Threw an Orc forehand and it landed within 12 feet of the basket.  I don't think I've birdied 11 before, although this one too was the pin placement on the right.
Hole 12- Par.  Forehand release was too high and I hit that a tree limb about halfway down the fairway.
Hole 13- Par.  If it was the other pin placement (straight ahead) it would have been a tap in birdie but the pin placement was on the right.
Hole 14- Par. Forehand Eagle turned over left and I thought I may have lost my ace disc, but I found it and got up and down.
Hole 15- Birdie. (-2) Forehand shot landed right of the basket about a 10-15 foot putt wobbled out of my hand but hit the chains flush.
Hole 16- Par.
Hole 17- Birdie. (-3) Not a good drive off the tee but I had a 20 foot putt uphill and I threw a lobbing arch of a putt that dropped in!  Huge putt.
Hole 18- Par.  Tried a huge hyzer off the tee but it wasn't a clean release.
Back 9 total- 6 Pars, 3 Birdies. (-3)
Hole 1- Par. Horrible teeshot that landed in some deep rough.  Amazingly I got it close and then made a medium length Par save.
Hole 2- Par.  Frusterating miss of an easy birdie oppertunity. 
Hole 3- Par. Average tee shot, Excellent approach shot.  Tap in.
Hole 4- Bogey (-2) I really thought my tee shot was gonna be solid and then the disc hit a limb about 50 feet up in the middle of the fairway.  Bad approach shot and even with playing for bogey, my approach shot hit a tree again because with the left pin placement and being on the right I had no route to the basket.  My bogey putt was RIDICULOUS.  I throw a snap putt and just before it hits I yell "get in!" and it hits flush and BOUNCES OUT OF THE BASKET. Amazingly somehow the disc remained clinging to the outside of the basket!


 

I would love to say the dramatic putt that stuck was for birdie or par but it was a bogey save.
Hole 5- Par.  Tried to hyzer my comet but that damn thing just flies straight.
Hole 6- Bogey (-1) Another disc lost (Orc) and OB.  I had to take a drop so my long appoach shot was for par.  Forehanded my Comet that was an excellent shot landed under the basket.
Hole 7- Par. Losing so many damn discs on holes 6 and 7 the last few rounds of disc I played it safe and tomahawked my firebird so it landed in the middle of the fairway. Got up and down.
Hole 8- Par.
Hole 9- Birdie (-2)  My drive off the tee was decent, it was the shorter pin location and I thought I would have about a 15 footer.  As I walked up on my disc I found it to be about 10 feet longer and no direct route to the basket.  I was going to try a straddle putt forehand to my right but at the last moment I checked for an opening to the left and with an extreme step over (nearly doing the splits)  I saw an opening and didn't hesitate a snap putt that hit the small opening and crashed the chains flush.  Awesome. 
Front 9- 6 Pars, 2 Bogeys, 1 Birdie. (+1)
Final Round- (-2)  Today's round was a personal best for me.  It sucked to lose another disc but the record round made up for it.  Key points in this round have to be my Birdie on 17, Birdie on 9 and Bogey save on 4.
A few of the pin placements were at easier hole locations but still a really solid round.
Pics were taken and will be attatched soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment