Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bowling Scores 10/7/08

149, 145, 233  527 Series
My first two shots in the first game hit the pocket flush leaving solid 10 pins. I thought it was going to be a good night but from the third frame on I struggled horribly to the point where mentally I was becoming completley unfocused and just mentally giving up.  Check these stats:
Total Strikes Games 1 and 2-  2
Total Strikes Game 3- 8
It's amazing that I even got two strikes through twenty frames.  As one of them was chopping the headpin and getting lucky and the other one hit pocket high and barely tripped the four pin. 
My horrible game 2 was overshadowed by my teammate Bill coming within 3 strikes of a perfect game.  Unfortunately he opened in the 10th and ended with a 264. 
The third game began with only my third XXX of the season.  I went back to the basic line I was throwing at the beginning of game 1 and finally found a correct release point keeping my ball right around the 15 board and not getting it so far outside.  I can't tell you how many shots I threw and missed the headpin Tuesday night.  In fact that pretty much sums up the season.  I bet If I had kept track of every shot from 2008 and 2005 that I have missed the head pin more times this year through just 7 weeks as I did the entire 30 week season 3 years ago.  Game 3 ended up being an all mark game and the rest of the game went like this 7/ X 9/ 9/ X XXX.  I ended it with a four bagger and all of the strikes this game were in the pocket!  For the first time all season I was hitting the pocket with consistency!  If I can only remember my release point for next week.
Despite going 3-4 last week our team remained on top of the leaderboard at 29-13.  Just call me the anti-anchor this season as I finished game one with a 9/7 in the tenth.  We lost game 1 by a measly 3 pins 812-809. 
Game 2 we won thanks to Bill's 264 and Game 3 we won with my 233 and surprisingly high game on the season of 216.  So we go 5-2 on the night and sit at 34-15 staying if first place.  If we can keep it up for another 3 weeks we will have won the first third of the season and guarentee ourselves a playoff spot come March. 
Top 4 high games through 7 weeks
1. Bill 264
2. Matt 251
3. Fred 244
4. Dean 233 (unless I was unaware of someone else's game tonight)
Top 4 Averages
1. Matt 208.2
2. Dana 183.3
3. Hal  181.0
4. Fred 180.9

Duffy J 176.2  with 3,701 total pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment