Sunday, October 26, 2008

Browns Valley Disc Golf 10/26/08

BrownsValley Disc Golf
Front 18 (Old 1996 Innova Baskets)
Back 18 (New Innova Baskets)
So we played 56 holes (3 rounds 2 front 1 back)  Seeing how it's been a couple of days there's no way I'm going to be able to bust out with every single shot I threw here it would be a ridiculously long blog and I'm sure much of it wouldn't be accurate.
Front 18  Round 1 - Duffy J +6 IOS -4

My putting struggled most of the day and I was unable to consistently put any streak of pars together.  I had a couple of Birdies but also a lot of bogeys and a few double bogeys as well.  This course is much more difficult than Oroville but also a lot better in the aspects of elevation changes, technicality and scenery.  Really amazing.

Back 18- Duffy J +11 IOS +10
Many more elevation changes on the back course and much tougher.  I do enjoy the newer Innova baskets though because you have two layers of chains to putt at and a larger diameter basket.  The front 18 has only one layer of chains for the disc to grab onto.
I was doing really well and on the front 9 I think I was at +1 but it all came apart on the final 9 holes with hazard shots.  I landed in the water twice having to take penalty shots.


 The highlight of this round was actually my approach shot (for par) after landing in the water above.  I forehanded my Starfire and it landed under the basket.
I shot a +10 on the back 9 and it actually all came apart on 17 as I had a 12 footer for bogey and it hit the metal and rolled all the way down this hill turning into a 40 footer for double bogey and I almost made it on the uphill putt. but it hit chains and fell out.+3 for that hole alone.
Lunch at A&W/KFC
Front 18- Duffy J +4 IOS +4
Best round of the day by far.  We ended up playing a few playoff holes to break the tie but we were tired and decided to call the third round of the day a draw.  I hit a downhill birdie putt on this shot

Longest putt made on the day and for birdie.
Overall probably the best disc golf course I've ever played and it was good to get out on the course for the first time since 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment