Thursday, October 2, 2008

Disc Golf 10/1/08

Myself and Nolan drove on up the Disc Golf at Riverbend Park, Oroville CA today for a round:
Tee Time Approximatley 10:30am
In The Bag-
Starfire
Beast
Valkyrie
Wraith
Champion Eagle
Comet
Soft Challenger
25 putts on Practice Basket to Start
Warm up Front 7-
1- Bogey. (+1) I get one drive with the brand new Wraith and the disc disappears in the Rough.  Me and Nolan looked for like 10 minutes and had to take a penalty shot.  Even though it's just practice
2- Par.  Good drive to within 20 feet.  Missed the putt
3- Par.  Too much Hyzer on my Starfire drive.
4- Par. 
5- Par.  Forehand Valkyrie flew past the basket on the left.
6- Par.
7- Par.
Front 7 Practice score of +1
Began on 10 for official round.
10- Par.  Jump putt slid down the side of the hill and I thought I was going to 3 putt.
11- Par.  Huge par save after bad up shot.
12- Par. 
13- Birdie. (-1)  Good forehand drive within 15-20 feet
14- Birdie. (-2) Forehand Eagle hit the gap and I made another nice medium length putt.
15- Par.
16- Birdie. (-3) Another nice medium ranged putt converted.
17- Birdie (-4) Somewhat awkward putt that I had to snap off low enough to clear branches hanging over my line to the basket.  I was pretty fired up over this one.
18. Par.  Average Drive but the length of this birdie putt wasn't much farther than any of the previous birdies.  It sailed a bit high though and bounced off the top of the basket.
Back 9 score and PR (I think) of (-4) 4 Birdies, 5 Pars.
Front 9-
1- Bogey (-3)  A real unfortunate break as my drive landed on the cartpath which lies across the fairway.  I had to take a penalty shot.
2- Par.  Decent birdie attempt but awkward footing on the putt.
3- Bogey (-2)  So much for my Starfire as I tried an S curve forehand drive but too much angle on the disc and it didn't fade back in time.  I heard it hit brush but once again I was looking for my disc for 10+ minutes and I had to take a penalty shot for losing another disc.
4- Par.  Good par save after mediocre up shot.
5- Birdie (-3) S Curved an Orc that I found earlier in the round and it landed 20 feet from the basket. 
6- Par.  Back to the shorter pin placement thankfully.
7- Par.  Big par save on a mid length putt.  My up shot was less than solid.
8- Double Bogey (-1) Arrrghhh.  I threw the Beast and it began to turn left but then straightened out at the end and I got maximum distance almost hitting this lady and her dog on the cartpath.  The disc skipped off the concrete and into the bushes.  When I first let it go I didn't give it a second thought but today was the day to lose 3 fucking discs and believe it or not NONE of them on 6 or 7. I had to take another drop and my approach shot was worthless.
9- Par. 
Front 9 Score (+3) 1 Birdie, 5 pars, 2 Bogeys, 1 Double Bogey (3 PENALTY STROKES)
Final Round Score (-1) 
5 Birdies, 10 Pars, 2 Bogeys, 1 Double Bogey
Nolan's first ever round at the Oroville course ended up being a (+4)
This goes down as the most frusterating round under par EVER.  5 Birdies has to be near a PR for me.  Losing 3 discs is unacceptable and I had help from Nolan looking for my discs but it's like they just disappeared.  two discs I lost were yellow which is the same color as a lot of the dead grass on the course so from now on I'm only buying red or blue discs.  Of course I put my name and number on all my discs but noone ever calls anyone any more and in fact one of the few calls I've ever gotten was a long distance message stating "I found your disc and I'm keeping that shit"  (No Joke this actually happened)
On the lighter side of things my putting was dead on today and I felt pretty confident on all my medium range putts.  Not too many metal kick outs for me today. 
I'll be ordering some more discs online so until next round......

No comments:

Post a Comment