Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quarantine

A Television Reporter Angela Vidal (Jennifer Carpenter) is doing a cover story on the local Fire Fighters of Los Angeles.  They get a call to an apartment complex and at first it just seems to be a disturbance from an elderly lady.  However the firefighters arrive and the lady is foaming at the mouth.  She attacks one of the firemen by biting him in the neck and the disease spreads and the Quarrantine begins. 
The rest of the movie is pretty much Angela and her cameraman moving from floor to floor trying to figure out why they are unable to leave the complex. As the plot (if you want to call it that) continues, more and more people are getting sick and becoming infected.  The entire movie is shot with a handheld camera and if you get sick easily I would pass on this one.  I never got a chance to see Cloverfield but I'm guessing this one was kind of in the same "reality" style.  Pretty scary I jumped 4 times I think and some of the deaths were interesting enough.
The last 20 minutes or so were kind of a letdown and reminded me a lot of The Blair Witch Project.
7/10
Definitley not like the last Jennifer Carpenter movie I screened (Exorcism of Emily Rose) where the movie brainwrapped literally at 3am and the film flipped itself upside down in the brain)  Now that was the scariest screening I've ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment